If you are a parent, child, aunt, uncle, cousin, grandparent or even just a friend and you know that someone in your family is being abused, I urge you to contact the proper authorities.
I have searched the internet for these resources and I hope that someone will use them.
If you are a child or a parent and you need help, please call 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) press 1 to talk to a hotline councilor.
The child help website has tons of resources that you will need if you know that a child is being abused. Don’t wait, just do it now.
- Human Rights Campaign – www.hrc.org
- Gay and Lesbian Center – www.lagaycenter.org or www.gaycenter.org
- Glaad – www.glaad.org
- Pflag – www.pflag.org
- Basic information about HIV and AIDS – www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/basic
- AIDS.gov – www.aids.gov
- Unicef – www.unicefusa.org/work/hivaids
- Freedom To Marry – www.freedomtomarry.org
- Lambda Legal – www.lambdalegal.org
- The Task Force – www.thetaskforce.org
- The Point Foundation – www.pointfoundation.org
- All Out – www.allout.org
- Petitions for Gay Rights – gayrights.change.org
- Speak Out – www.speakout.com
- ACLU – www.aclu.org/lgbt-rights
- It Gets Better – www.itgetsbetter.org
- NOH8 Campaign – www.noh8campaign.com
- True Colors Fund – www.truecolorsfund.org
- Give a Damn Campaign – www.wegiveadamn.org
- FaceYourself – faceyourselfnow.tumblr.com/
- Befrienders Worldwide – befrienders.org
- Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation – www.bornthiswayfoundation.org
If these resources weren’t helpful enough, I’m sure any one of them can direct you to the information you are looking for.